Monday, May 16, 2005

WHEN ARE YOU COMING?

As you all would have known by now, Millie and Ake went to Ch to look for schools for their kids. Left last Tues, 10th arriving tomorrow evening.

You don't know how many times that that that Ang Moh daughter of hers smsed me everyday, "Yee Ma, when are u coming?" Shortly after that, "What time are you coming?" Ten minutes later, "Hurry Up, Lah!"

You see, I promised them I'd go over when they came back from school, to get their dinner ready (although their mother told me I needn't do that, I'm sure she must have prayed that I did so). May Tho would then sleep over to keep an eye over them and to get them ready for school the next day (and of course see to the laundry etc).

So, I'd go over their place with Darren and Beverly after school and sometimes Kim, and then leave before 6pm. And that that that Ang Moh would go. "What? You're leaving so soon? But you just came!" or "Can we go to the playground while you pack?" And, like today, we ended up leaving at 9.30pm, no heart to leave them too early!

Brought them over to our place during the weekend and all of us (except for Kim and Alfred) slept over with them but not before having Roti Canai, Roti Pisang, Roti Sardine, Roti Tissue and Teh Tarik till 1am at the Puchong Mamak stall! You don't know how I suffered at their place. Their room was SOOOO cold (them kids kept saying, "It's not cold at all!"), that my nose was completely blocked, no matter which way I turned my head. Finally dozed off at a little past 5am and slept till 12 noon the next day (Ang Moh and Beverly were still snoring!).

I'm planning to buy a piece of land in the Alps. Let them sleep in the open.

No comments: